Courses, seminars and onsite trainings take place in Germany, Canada, the U.S. and all over Europe.
Python Text Processing Course
By "natural language" we mean languages like English, French or German and not artificial languages like programming languages. Technologies based on Natural Language Processing (NLP) are becoming increasingly widespread, and the demand for specialists is continually growing.
This course shows the enormous NLP possibilities of Python. It's both a brief introduction in the programming language Python and a practical introduction into NLP with real programs. The seminar starts with examples as simple as counting word frequencies, continues with text classification (document classification) and ends with analysing the semantic meaning of sentences in natural languages like English or German. You will learn to manipulate large corpora, explore linguistic models, and test empirical claims. At the end of the course you will have learnt how to build robust systems to perform linguistic tasks by using Python and the open source library NLTK, Natural Language Toolkit.
This seminar is intended for people who want to learn how to write programs to analyse written natural language. Prior programming experience is not necessary but recommended.
- Introduction into the programming language Python: data types, assignments, conditional statements, for loops and the special data types lists, tuples and dictionaries, functions
- The essentials of file handling
- Regular Expressions
- Categorizing and Tagging Words
- Text Classification
- Extracting Information from Texts
- Analysing Sentence Structures
- Building Feature Based Grammars
- Analysing the Meaning of Sentences
- From Mon, 25th Feb, 2013 until Fri, 1st Mar, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 18th Mar, 2013 until Fri, 22nd Mar, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 22nd Apr, 2013 until Fri, 26th Apr, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 6th May, 2013 until Fri, 10th May, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 17th Jun, 2013 until Fri, 21st Jun, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 19th Aug, 2013 until Fri, 23rd Aug, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 23rd Sep, 2013 until Fri, 27th Sep, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 28th Oct, 2013 until Fri, 1st Nov, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 11th Nov, 2013 until Fri, 15th Nov, 2013 (5 days)
- From Mon, 9th Dec, 2013 until Fri, 13th Dec, 2013 (5 days)
Duration of the course:
The fees for this course:
449,- € per day (exclusive of VAT)
(The total amount includes 349,- € for the course and 100,- € for board and lodging)
© The content and the images of this website are underlying copyright as described in the Imprint.